Yo! Check Out This Ride! (2004) + My First Concert

OKAY!!! this was originally gonna be just about YCOTR, but I got it at a concert, so I guess I'll tell both stories.


Finally It's Over!...Or Starting?

It all started when The Aquabats last (and possibly final?) album released, Finally! (2024). The Aquabats tour every year, So why would this one be any different? 

When the dates for the Finally tour released, There wasn't one in the state! Now granted, there was one in another one a 3 hour drive away.....But I wasn't fucking driving that far!......Unless it's for They Might Be Giants, I will be driving that far in november.

Anyway, I can't drive, had no ride, and no money. so obviously I wasn't getting to that Aquabats show, So I had the great idea of emailing gloopy and begging/complaining!!!!! 


Now if you don't know what gloopy is, it's the aquabats merch/management team...I guess. Anyway, I sent them an email, had a good conversation with Jessa (Rest in power) and left it at that. I didn't think much of it again till April 2025

Then The Fun Begins!

April 2025, A few days after my birthday, The Aquabats announce their Bats Kats n Rats tour! And wouldn't you know it, My stupid ass email did something after all. They were playing in my city! 

I have never been more excited in my life, Finally, I could see my favorite band! Nothing really happened for the next 3 months though, The concert was in July.


SHOWTIME!

July 30th arrives, I get to the venue, we end up waiting in the car for about 15 minutes. It's finally happening, My mind is racing, I've never been more excited.


Anyway, we get in, checked in with our tickets and allat, and now it's CONCERT TIME!


MIKE V & THE RATS!

First up was Mike V & The Rats, They were pretty good! I've never seen a dude drink more water than Mike V, He went through a bottle every song. I should mention I went to this show with my mom, and she sat outside the balcony this whole set. Anyway, They absolutely ripped! Their energy was amazing, Infact, after their set, Multiple people LEFT the venue. 

THE KOFFIN KATS!

they were mid lmao their set was fucking ass it was literally a 30 minute guitar solo interrupted by vocals every so often

THE AQUABATS!

The stars of the night! THE AQUABATS! They absolutely rocked, I was very excited to see Crash McLarson there, considering he was barely there that tour. One thing I remember, The MC Bat Commander talked about "Oklahoma Onion Burgers!" For a while. 

They opened with Shark Fighter (no duh) and Ended wirh Pool Party! (no duh)

My Mother was VERY excited to hear Pool Party, We are a Yo Gabba Gabba family through and Through. The highlight for me was definitely hearing My Skateboard and Red Sweater live! Really wish they played more Charge though....Anyway, The villain was THE SKA WITCH & The BATKATRAT (It's exactly what it sounds like.) The BKR Bit MCBC and He talked about dying for the remainder of the show. I've got footage of most of this fight, I think it's on youtube? I know my mom got footage of 'Look At Me, I'm A Winner!' But she never sent it to me. Hopefully I'll get it soon!


This concert was great, and I'll never forget it.


........oh yeah that CD. I got it at the merch booth along with a Cyclopsis guitar pick, their merch guy is really fucking rude. Bro was yelling "THE LINE STARTS OVER THERE!!!!" to people who weren't even getting in the merch line, they were LEAVING the venue.


I rate this CD and Concert a Super Rad out of a Magic Chicken.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Every CD I Own, (And How I Got Them), Part 1!

Vintage Stock SUCKS!

hi